All About Garage Doors
As an experienced garage door installation and repair company, Central MN Doors is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after garage door experts throughout Central Minnesota. Why? Because we are passionate about garage doors! We love what we do, and our work showcases our passion, talent, and dedication.
Fun Facts about Garage Doors
- Most families use their garage door more than any other entry to access their house. Therefore, if your garage door isn't functioning properly, it can be an inconvenience.
- Garage doors typically use about 20-35% of the façade of your home; especially with a front facing garage. With that much curb appeal at stake, a weathered garage door could depreciate the resale value of your home.
- Did you know that updating or replacing your garage door is said to add anywhere from 1-4% to the value of your home?
- The first garages were actually converted carriage houses. Just as a carriage house had doors to keep the horses from getting stolen, (or wandering away!) so too our garages have doors to protect our homes, family, cars, and property.
- Keyless garage door entries are fast becoming a popular way to gain access to your home. In our fast-paced world, no one wants to have to remember house keys anymore and the latest technology incorporates fingerprint recognition – kids don't have to worry about forgetting a key, or a code.
- Winterizing your garage doors is always recommended; just don't wait until the temperatures are 30° or 40° below to do it. In temps that cold, the rubber seals at the bottom cannot be replaced. You also shouldn't wait to winterize if the rubber seals are bad, mice will surely start coming in long before you actually notice them. The cold snowy season is right around the corner, so make sure your opener is working and door springs are all oiled so they don't break in the upcoming cold.
At Central MN Door Service, we are all about garage doors. Whether you are looking for style or functionality, we have what you need. Contact us today, and let us help you with your overhead garage door.